उत्तराखंडी ई-पत्रिका की गतिविधियाँ ई-मेल पर

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

उत्तराखंडी ई-पत्रिका

उत्तराखंडी ई-पत्रिका

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Script of Ekikaran or Unification of Social Organizations a Stage Play by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal

                Ekikaran or Unification of Social Organizations
(A Hilarious, Satirical, humorous, Inspiring Garhwali Drama)
                            Playwright: Lalit Mohan Thapliyal
                            Translation by: Bhishma Kukreti
(The Garhwali Play Ekikaran was staged first on 24th March 1959, in Sarojani Community Hall, Delhi by Garhwal Sangit Natak Samaj)
                                   Characters
Narrator
Din Dayal
Mrs. Din Dayal
Mathyal Ji
Baguleshwar
Poet or Kavi Ji
Editor Ji
                       Request by Narrator
Ladies, Gentlemen and Drama Lovers!
Welcome in this Stage Hall!
We promised you that we shall show you another Drama!
But! You all are experienced and wise people-
You would ask-
How shall we show the Drama?
Yes! Here is no decorated Stage!
Yes! Here is no colorful Curtain for the Stage!
Yes! You won’t find make for artists of stage!
Definitely, there are no musical instruments for the Stage!
Even there is no curtain that opens door for new scene! new world! New Galaxy!
The Curtain is not there that takes audience away from own real world to next unknown realism!
There is no stage that opens the inner conscious of audience that takes another view of thousands of windows of next realism!
Yes1 we don’t have stage that takes you new secrets of consciousness!
You are absolutely Right!
However, you don’t need any stage for our stage play!
Whatever is here that is stage and product of stage.
 You, me, he we are the stage characters!
Means, in this stage play, you all are characters!
Every character will emerge from you and play his or her part!
The dram is mirror of us.
Every good and wrong act has its own shadow!
You will see black spot!
The play is satire on our own society.
We shall laugh on us!
We shall laugh loudly on our own absurdness!
Might be! The satire might provoke you!
Might be it may hurt you!
However, don’t take it by heart!
Please don’t take wrong as it is time of Holi!
(Deen Dayal comes on Stage)
Deen Dayal- What a bad Sunday today! Wherever I went the person was not in his flat. My half Sunday is wasted. (Sees that from Audience Mathyal Ji is coming towards stage). Who is he coming on the road? Oh! He is Mathyal Ji! Namaskar Mathyal Ji!
Mathyal Ji- At present I am in hurry. I shall meet you next time
Deen Dayal- Come in Please sit for a moment. Hot Tea is waiting for you.
Mathyal Ji- Well coming to you. I am in hurry.
Deen Dayal- Rest for a moment. Towards inside) - Listen! Boil tea for Mathyal Ji! He is visiting.
Mathyal Ji-What is news?
Deen Dayal-. No News Wees. From morning, I have been visiting to many could not find anybody at home. I did not find place for playing cards.
Mathyal Ji-Did you not hear that there is unionization? Everybody has gone there for unionization.
Deen Dayal-Who is getting united?
Mathyal Ji-It is dam surprising! You did not know about Unionization. You should be Garhwali of Delhi and should not behave as Garhwali of Garhwal. Be Delhi ties if you live In Delhi.
Deen Dayal- Is Garhwali of Delhi different species than Garhwali of Garhwal?
Mathyal Ji-I will make you understand.  Let us smoke cigarette (Mathyal offers cigarette to Deen Dayal. Both smokes cigarette) Do you have three rupees?
Deen Dayal- Yes! I have. What do you want by three rupees?
Mathyal Ji- Give me three rupees. (Deen Dayal gives three rupees and Mathyal brings out a receipt book out and writes) Take receipt. Now, you are real Garhwali of Delhi. As you have become a member of a Garhwali organization you are now Garhwali of Delhi.
Deen Dayal- What will I do of becoming member? It is no use for me.
Mathyal Ji-we shall have meeting on Saturday-Sunday. We shall discuss seriously there on wrong and right matter.  We shall make constitution for the organization. We’ll pass non confidence motion. Now, we have come to city. We should now behave like city dwellers.
Deen Dayal- Whose member I became? (Sees receipt)Oh! You are president of the organization!
Mathyal Ji-Not today! I am president for twelve years.
Deen Dayal- Who is secretary of the organization?
Mathyal Ji-I am secretary too.
Deen Dayal- Oh! You are all in all.
Mathyal Ji-No! No! I am president, secretary and treasurer. Other members are workers. You attend the meeting. If there is any position left I shall offer you position in the organization.
Deen Dayal- Well! Is this your unitization?
Mathyal Ji-No! No! You did not understand me. There are more than hundred Garhwali organizations in Delhi. There should be unionization of these all organizations. It will be very big organization of all Garhwali organizations. By unity we shall progress together or will jump into valley together.
Deen Dayal- Very nice thought and concept! Did you find the way and means for progress?
Mathyal Ji-No, till date we could not find the means for progress. However, very soon we shall find one day the keys for progress
Deen Dayal- पैल जा खाड अर तब मी गाड मी गाड. First jump into deep pit and then call for help to come up.
Mathyal Ji-Oh! It happens like this way only. It takes time for social benefits. We can’t change your situation in one night.
(Mrs. Deen Dayal comes with two glasses of tea)
Mrs. Dayal- Take tea.
Deen Dayal- (takes from Mrs. Dayal and offers to Mathyal Ji)
Mathyal Ji (Sipping tea) - Oh! What a pleasure! Sister! You are incarnation of Annapurna Devi! (sips again) What a perfect blending of tea, sugar and milk! Mind Boggling Taste of Tea! I will not call it culinary but pure chemistry (Sips tea very fast)
(Deen Dayal takes empty glasses and come near to his wife)
Mrs. Dayal-He is talking very sweet and sweet! Did you pay him subscription?
Deen Dayal- Do you mean Membership subscription?
Mrs. Dayal- Yes! I paid three rupees.
Mrs. Dayal- Shit! You are fool of fools. You should have asked me before handing him well earned three rupees.
Mrs. Dayal- Let the bear make him runs.
(Deen Dayal goes towards Mathyal Ji. Mrs. Dayal writes on a paper)
Mathyal Ji-Your wife is Sulakshani! What a woman! Dayal! You are Lucky. Yesterday, I was with Colonel Sab. What a bad tea there in his home! He is big man. I should have not criticized him. But your wife prepares excellent tasty tea.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Bother! You tell just to please me. Otherwise, you might have tasted tea from thousands of houses.
Mathyal Ji-Yes! I have tasted tea in many houses. I might have tasted thousands of cups of tea from the day I came in social field as social worker.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Yes! Bhaiji! You don’t have shortage of tea.
Mathyal Ji-Shortage of Tea? Yes, wherever I go everybody offers tea because I am famous social worker. As social worker, I can’t deny offer.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Bhaiji! You are famous social worker. Teach some trick to my husband too. He is very simple person. Please offer him a position in social organization committee..
Mathyal Ji-Definitely! You have high thinking. Now, your hubby has become member of my organization. I shall put him in a position.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Bhaiji! Do you know that we have also a woman welfare organization?
Mathyal Ji-Yes I heard about it. Your organization is doing marvelous job. Are you also member of this woman organization?
Mrs. Deen Dayal- What member! I am the whole and sole of the organization.
Mathyal Ji-Very good! Do you favor unitization or federalism of our Garhwali social organizations?
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Till date, I have not decided. If you suggest the alternate I shall follow you.
Mathyal Ji- Come forward for unitization. You propose for unitization of Garhwali social organizations. Nobody is in favor of federal body of organizations. There is one Garhwali Natak Fatak Sanstha in Sarojani Nagar. Garhwali Natak Fatak Sanstha has funda of federal system of organizations. Tell them that they should pay attention on Drama Frama. What the hell! Do they know about social organizations and social issues?
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Well! Be sure that our organization is with you.
Mathyal Ji-It is great pleasure that you are supporting unitization and federal system. You send a written proposal for unification of all social organizations. Now, I shall make a move. People are coming there to attend meeting for unification.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Definitely, I shall send written proposal in favor of unification. Bhaiji! We are organizing a collective Holi celebration. I have written four rupees as your contribution. This is receipt for four rupees.
Mathyal Ji-Sister! Don’t you think four rupees is high?
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Our organization is new and we don’t have sink fund.
Mathyal Ji-Ok! I shall make a move. I shall send four rupees very soon.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Sorry Brother! We need subscription today only.
Mathyal Ji- I will find out whether I got four rupees or not? (Takes hand in his pocket)
Mrs. Deen Dayal- I am sure you will have four rupees in your pocket. I have already prepared receipt.
Mathyal Ji- Ok! Take four rupees. Now, I will make move.
Mrs. Deen Dayal-Well!
Mathyal Ji – Brother! Now I will take your leave.
Deen Dayal- When you were calling my wife as sister. Am I your brother?
Mathyal Ji-Well! I am social worker. Calling brother or sister is our norms.
(Mathyal Ji starts walking out)
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Come again for taking tea!
Mathyal Ji- Definitely (self- Four rupees per glass tea!) (He gets down from stage.
Deen Dayal- You never told that you created a woman organization?
Mrs. Deen Dayal- You mean I should have asked your first to create an organization?
Deen Dayal-No! I am just saying that you should have informed me good news. It is my pleasure that people appreciate your intellect.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- You paid three rupees and I took four rupees. I got back my three rupees and one rupee for the organization.
Deen Dayal-But! You gave receipt for four rupees.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- No, the receipt was for one but receipt is in such a manner that you may presume i either four or one rupee.
Deen Dayal- I have done injustice on you.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- What?
Deen Dayal- You were capable for being lawyer or minister but you are busy in cooking.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- I am fed up of your playing cards for whole Sunday.
Deen Dayal-My fellows neither are not interested in playing cards Kotpees and sweep etc but everybody is busy in unification of social organizations. I am visiting in Ekikaran Meeting.
Mrs. Deen Dayal- Visit but don’t tell in evening that you had headache there. (she walks out from stage)
Deen Dayal (Self) – I have been in Delhi for twelve years but never knew about Garhwali social organizations and their workings. (walks down from stage) O Conductor! Please stop Bus...
Baguleshwar (On the stage and Deen Dayal enters on stage. Baguleshwar walks round and round with high speed)
Deen Dayal – I have come here. But where should I go? People told me that unification is happening near Birla temple. Yes! That person is running round would know where is happening unification. Wah! He is Baguleshwar Ji! Baguleshwar Ji! Namaskar! (Baguleshwar does not pay attention) (Deen Dayal puts his hand on his back) Sir! Baguleshwar Ji!
Baguleshwar- We shall build the Garhwal Bhawan. What do think of us that you could stop building Garhwal Bhawan? Nobody can stop us building Garhwal Bhawan.
Deen Dayal –Baguleshwar Ji! I never stop you building the Garhwal Bhawan. I just asked where is happening Unification?
Baguleshwar- Do yourself unification! Join our organization and it will be unification.
Deen Dayal –Sir! I am totally ignorant about unification of Garhwali social organizations in Delhi.
Baguleshwar- Don’t you know about unification? We have 14789 members by this afternoon. We are not afraid of you. Even we don’t want that you join us.
Deen Dayal –But! I never told anything …
Baguleshwar- We have program, we have definite objective and objects. We have thousands of rupees in our bank account. What do you have?
Deen Dayal – I have only three rupees.
Baguleshwar- Give me two rupees. (Baguleshwar snatches two rupees from Deen Dayal). Now, you are also partner in this Garhwal Bhawan.
Deen Dayal Towards audience) –Thank god I still have one rupee for bus fare to go home.(Towards Baguleshwar)- Sir! What are the benefits of being member?
Baguleshwar- Are you asking Benefits? There are many benefits. We don’t make member to bogus people. You are dam lucky I made you member. Are you lucky or not?
Deen Dayal –Yes! But tell me the path for Ekikaran or unification!
Baguleshwar- I have already shoed you the method of Ekikaran or unification. Now, collect subscription for our organization. It would unify us.
Deen Dayal –I am confused about this type of unification. (Sits restlessly)
(A Poet enters)
Poet- What has happened? Is somebody died?
Deen Dayal –O Poet Ji! Thank god I met you. I came here to watch unification. However, I’m unable to see where unification is. I asked him but could not understand what he is talking about.
Poet-You are hitting the wrong target.
Deen Dayal –What happened?
Poet-He is an ill person.
Deen Dayal –Is he ill? What is the problem?
Poet- he has indigestion problem
Deen Dayal –Oh! Very bad!
(Baguleshwar comes near to them)
Baguleshwar-What are you talking about so secretly? What do you understand of you. We are not afraid of anybody. We shall build Garhwal Bhawan.
Poet-Nobody can stop you. Build Bhawan or Fort. Might be , you might have completed the building.
Baguleshwar-We have 3635 members. We are not afraid of anybody.
Poet-Yes! You should not be afraid. Why should you be afraid? You have done a lot. Now, it is time for you to take rest.
Baguleshwar- Rest? I know your dirty mind. I shall take rest and you will jump there to lead people.
Poet-No!  No! I am no where equal to you. You are wrong to think so.
Baguleshwar-You are right and I am wrong? You don’t have any say. Do you know that we have three hundred eleven members? Have you any idea of our strength?
Poet- Oh My god! I am caught unnecessarily. OK Good bye!
Deen Dayal- Don’t leave me alone.
(Baguleshwar leaves stage)
Poet-Shit! He is pain on the neck.
Deen Dayal- Still, I could not understand about your infighting.
Poet-Slowly, you will understand. At present, the infighting is among big leaders, Very soon it will be in open and then you will understand what it is about.
Deen Dayal- But! People are talking about Unification and you are telling infighting. Tell me what is this unification?
Poet-There is mention of unification or Ekikaran in Ayurved. There are many names for Ekikaran, unification, unionization, merger, federalism, mixing, amalgamation and so on. A few doctors refer it mad men’s voice.
Deen Dayal- Oh!
Poet-Yes! The process is that first, make powder of all social organizations. Then add Neem, Laung or clove, black peeper, jiggery, Alou Iladu etc. Then mix them with care. More the bitter ingredients more sweetness is the principle. Mix the mixture with water and boil it for longer.
Deen Dayal- Very well! What next?
Poet-Then boil it for longer.
Deen Dayal- What next?
Poet-Let it boils. We have been boiling it from ninety fifty.
Deen Dayal- Boiling from ninety fifty? But it will be Kwath?
Poet- We are still waiting that it becomes Kwath. Kwath means the real medicines. However, we are waiting that it becomes Kwath. That is why we meet every Saturday-Sunday.
Deen Dayal- How is this type of unification? You are coming out of meeting. Where is the meeting for unification?
Poet-Meeting is always held in Reading Kothi. There is ample place.
Deen Dayal- Well! What are the people talking today?
Poet-I don’t know. I could not hear them. I don’t have time.
Deen Dayal- What do you do?
Poet- I am poet. I published poetry collection. I went there to sell my poetry collection
Deen Dayal- Oh! Did you publish poetry collection?
Poet-Yes! You too take one book. (Hands over book) Its name is ‘Chyan Chilangi’. Chyan Chilangi Aja, Bukhana Bukai Ja…
Deen Dayal (keeps booklet in his pocket)- I shall read in leisure time.
Poet-Its price is two rupees.
Deen Dayal- Take it back. I have only one rupee
Poet-fine, I shall collect balance one rupee next day.(Takes one rupee)
Deen Dayal- I require one rupee for bus.
Poet-Don’t worry! I shall take you by my cycle.
Deen Dayal- Unification is very costly.
Poet-You go inside. I am just coming. I need a cigarette.
Deen Dayal- will it not any problem in entering?
Poet- No! Not at all, there is problem in entry for unification. Anybody can go there and can speak whatever way he wishes or she wishes. The bungalow owner offers tea and you have to arrange your own for cigarettes.
Deen Dayal- Well! I will go there (comes down from stage. The editors comes on stage)
Poet-Namaskar Editor Ji! Are you going for meeting?
Editor- Yes! Am I not too late?
Poet-No! No! Not late.
Editor-  I thought meeting might have started. What is happening there?
Poet-Come here! At this juncture, Jeeja –Sala Jokes are being busted there.
Editor- Ok! You write a report on unification for the newsletter. Due to unification movement there is good demand for our newsletter.
Poet-I will write the news. Do want report in prose or poetry? Do you have match box?
Editor- Yes1 (hand over match box)
Poet-Then you will have cigarette too?
Editor- No! I stopped smoking.
Poet-Why are you keeping match box?
Editor- Somebody offers me cigarette.
Poet- But, I have only one cigarette stick. (Lights cigarette)
Editor- Please, make report on this meeting.
Poet- Definitely, I shall submit my report. Tell me! Is your paper supporting unification or not?
Editor- In the last edition, we opposed the idea of unification. But, we shall support unification in the coming issue.
Poet-Why is this confusion?
Editor- There is no confusion at all. Our paper goes as per time, place and class. We support the idea of majority.
Poet-Should I write strongly in support of unification?
Editor- If there is differences for any matter, the writer should be diplomatic. The readers should not know which way is writer.
Poet-Everybody has own principle.
Editor- There is only principle that makes difference between a dog and a man.
Poet- What are you views on unification?
Editor- My views! Where the majority is there I am for the majority. Unification is also good, federalism is also nice and many gentlemen support merger.
Mathyal (enters)-Tell me who are those gentlemen? Majority is supporting unification. Now, you are raising the question of merger or federalism.
Editor- If there was unanimity for one thing there would be no infighting. You may tell from your part angle but you can’t say from other people views.
Mathyal-Our organization represents whole Garhwal. That means that view of our organization is view of all.
Poet- How can you be representative of all other organizations?
Mathyal- The name of our organization is All India Garhwal Organization. That means we represent all organizations.
Editor-This is absurd logic.
Mathyal -Yes it is the only logic.
Poet- Gyatam Pitarpandityam Namdharanakaranat!
Mathyal- Don’t mention my father’s name at all. I will see you that you are not able to utter a single word (catches Poet and poet goes back).
Poet – I never means what you understood. It is not to be angry.
Editor- He never means what you understood. You are educated man and should not behave like that.
Mathyal- I have come across such useless poets in past. If I show my power, you will forget creating poetry.
(Baguleshwar comes among all)
Baguleshwar- Let I speak first. Let I speak first. What do you all think of you? (he goes out of stage)
(Deen Dayal enters. There is a plaster on his head and hand is seen broken)
Deen Dayal- I came to watch the unification. But there was football completion.  
(Mathyal enters)
Mathyal – What happened? You head and hand are broken?
Deen Dayal – There was no unification but my body became football for unification players.
Mathyal-Was there fighting?
Deen Dayal –No! There was no fighting but there was stamped due to everybody was raising his views. I became unification.
Mathyal-Is any other injured?
Deen Dayal –How could other be injured. All were wise leaders. I got injury; a common man gets injury for the differences for opinions among leaders.
Mathyal- Don’t worry. It was your first chance. It is necessary to have small injury before becoming big leader.
Deen Dayal –Sorry! Mathyal Ji! I did not get any taste in you unification.
Mathyal- Was there any result about unification, merger or federalism?
Deen Dayal – I don’t think there would come any result. Now, my wife is going to make me out of house.
Mathyal-But you have to go to your house.
Deen Dayal –You will have to go with me to unify me and my wife.
Mathyal-Ok! Let us go to your house.

Copyright@ Heirs of late Lalit Mohan Thapliyal, NOIDA, UP, 2014
And Garhwal Sangeet –Natak Samaj , New Delhi 

Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal born in Shrikot; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal born in Khatsyun; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal born in Pauri Garhwal; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal born in Uttarakhand; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal worked as journalist; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal who worked with Pioneer newspaper; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal worked in Geneva; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal New York; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal one of founders of Garhwali Sangit-Natak Samaj, Delhi ; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal who wrote famous five Garhwali stage plays; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal famous playwright of Khadu lapata stage play; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal the playwright of stage play- Gharjawain; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal playwright of stage play Anchheryun ka Tal ; Script for hilarious, satirical, humorous, entertaining Stage Play about Social Organizations by Lalit Mohan Thapliyal playwright of stage play Durjan ki Kachhedi; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

आपका बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद
Thanks for your comments